Amazing Facts About Albert Pujols is widely considered one of the best baseball players of all time, and he’s still going strong at age 36. Here are 8 amazing facts about this amazing athlete who continues to be an inspiration to fans everywhere.
1) Albert Pujols Is a Family Man
Albert Pujols, a major leaguer with the St. Louis Cardinals, is a family man off the field. He loves kids and children love him back. You can see it in their eyes! Albert believes that being a father to your children is one of the most important things in life.
2) He Started as a Shortstop
What makes Albert Pujols an even more remarkable athlete is that he started out as a shortstop. He was so impressive there, in fact, that the Arizona Diamondbacks traded for him and tried to convince him to stay at shortstop. But Pujols knew his future in baseball was behind the plate. I just feel more comfortable back there, he said.
3) He Was An Olympic Hopeful
- Albert Pujols was an Olympic hopeful as a youngster.
- His nickname is El Hombre or The Man in Spanish because of his athletic ability and work ethic. 3. He played for the Dominican Republic National Baseball Team before signing with the St. Louis Cardinals at 16 years old, where he stayed for 12 seasons. 4. At 18 years old, he became the youngest player to hit 30 home runs and 100 RBIs, beating out Ken Griffey Jr.’s record by one year! 5.
4) He Played Football in High School
He was also a talented football player, and he played in high school. 8 Amazing Facts About Albert Pujols. Baseball first baseman – Albert Pujols is an amazing baseball player who has been playing for the St. Louis Cardinals since 2001.
5) He Owns His Own Restaurant and Arena
Albert Pujols is a household name in the world of Major League Baseball. The first baseman is one of the game’s most accomplished hitters and has led the St. Louis Cardinals to two World Series championships (2006, 2011). Amazing Facts about Albert Pujols ~~~~ In 2011, Albert Pujols became only the 17th player in MLB history to win three MVP awards. He won these awards consecutively from 2001-2004.
6) He Won Three Home Run Derbies
Albert Pujols has been named a finalist for the Roberto Clemente Award, the Hank Aaron Award, and the Joe Morgan Award. Amazing Facts about Albert Pujols – Baseball first baseman
1) He Won Three Home Run Derbies: Albert Pujols has been named a finalist for the Roberto Clemente Award, the Hank Aaron Award, and the Joe Morgan Award.
7) The St. Louis Cardinals Signed Him When He Was 16 Years Old
Pujols’ baseball career is fascinating on many levels. Here are 8 amazing facts about Pujols:
- Baseball first baseman Albert Pujols played the 2003 season in which he was only 16 years old.
- His family moved to America in December of 2001 and they got him a summer league team when he was 16 years old. He became known for his power and attracted attention from scouts that gave him a tryout with the Cardinals.
8) He Has Been Nominated for League MVP Ten Times
He has been nominated for league MVP ten times, in 2002 and 2003 won the award. Albert Pujols is an amazing baseball player who broke Hank Aaron’s record for most career home runs by a major league player with his hit in July of 2007 and also became the only Major League Baseball (MLB) player to hit 600 home runs with 60 game-winning RBIs before their 32nd birthday. If you want to know more about Albert Pujols then read this post!