Car insurance is a mandatory requirement for all motor vehicles on Finnish roads. It is one of the most important things to take into account when purchasing a car in Finland. With a high number of accidents occurring on Finnish roads each year, having the right insurance is crucial for your safety and the safety of others.
Here is everything you need to know about car insurance in Finland:
Types of Car Insurance
There are three types of car insurance policies available in Finland: Liability Insurance, Partly Comprehensive Insurance, and Fully Comprehensive Insurance.
1. Liability Insurance: This is the minimum requirement for car insurance in Finland. Liability insurance covers the damages and injuries that you cause to others in an accident. It does not cover your own injuries or damages to your vehicle.
2. Partly Comprehensive Insurance: This policy covers damages to your vehicle caused by natural disasters such as floods, fires, and storms. It also covers theft and damages related to theft.
3. Fully Comprehensive Insurance: This is the most comprehensive car insurance policy available in Finland. It covers all the damages caused to your vehicle, including those caused by accidents, vandalism, and collisions with animals.
Cost of Car Insurance
The cost of car insurance in Finland depends on several factors, including the type of car you own, your age, driving experience, and the level of coverage you choose. The cost of car insurance increases with the level of coverage you choose.
The average annual cost of car insurance in Finland varies, depending on your driving history and the type of coverage you require. The average cost for liability insurance is around €200-€300, while partly comprehensive insurance can be around €400-€500. Fully comprehensive insurance is the most expensive, with an average cost of €700-€1000 per year.
You can enhance your car insurance cover by purchasing additional optional covers, including:
1. Legal Expenses Cover: This cover provides legal assistance in case you are involved in a legal dispute related to a car accident.
2. Trailer Insurance: This cover protects your trailer in case of an accident or theft.
3. Glass Insurance: This cover pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle’s windshield and other windows.
Choosing the Right Car Insurance Policy
Choosing the right car insurance policy in Finland can be challenging. It is important to consider your budget, driving habits, and the level of coverage required. You should also compare different insurance providers and their policies to find the best deal.
Car insurance is mandatory for all motor vehicles on Finnish roads. It is important to choose the right level of coverage to ensure your safety and the safety of others. By understanding the different types of insurance policies available and comparing different insurance providers, you can find the best deal for your car insurance needs in Finland.